I am usually a great napper, as my mommy will tell you. If you're looking for a comfy sleep position, I've demonstrated my favorite one here for you. One arm is draped across your body and the other arm is up, covering your forehead. This is a cozy way I like to sleep. A blanket is always nice, too.
However, sometimes, I just don't feel like napping. I mean, come on - I nap a lot! Sometimes enough is enough. Whether mom wants me to go to sleep before I'm ready, or I want to be awake before she's ready... here are some tried-and-true techniques for getting out of naps!
Tip #1: Spit out your pacifier.
Don't worry, you'll get it back soon. This method
is always a good first try and usually succeeds in getting mom or dad to come back in the room to replace the pacifier. Sometimes you have to add a few whimpers after you spit it out so they know you want it back. Don't overdo it though, if you spit it out too many times, mom and dad will give up and you'll have to nap without it.Tip #42: The blanket pull.
I love sleeping with a blanket. Mom and dad wrap me up real tight and leave just enough for me to
pull close to my face and snuggle with. I've found that if you wiggle around enough, you can loosen the blanket enough to pull over your face. I can pull it off if I want to, but if I'm trying to get out of a nap, I just leave the blanket over my face for a few seconds (again, whimpering helps) and mom and dad are SURE to rush in and tuck the blanket back around you. Sometimes I realize I am still pretty tired after all, and I go back to sleep for a while. Again, don't overdo this one! If you do, you may end up with no blanket at all!
Tip #77: Turn on the Cuteness
This tip is best used in conjunction with any other method that initially gets mom or dad in the room. Once they have arrived, just turn on a few smiles and laughs. This is almost guaranteed to get you out of the crib and up for playtime. And, as all babies know, playtime is MUCH better than naptime!





Sweet pictures, Kate! Elijah is getting so big, and he has the most adorable smile! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness... so cute!! Thanks for posting more pictures. He is growing so fast and is such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteKate- thanks for the scripture on my blog- God actually spoke that same Word to me awhile back, so it's affirming to see it again. Elijah is so precious- so sweet! Glad you could make it to writer's group, I'll be looking forward to seeing you again. It's such an encouraging group and I always learn something every time. Blessings to you--- Beth
ReplyDelete