Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Elijah turns 3 (months)

Elijah turns 3 months old this week! Well, I guess technically it's next week now that I look at a calendar. He is 12 weeks old, but May 19 will actually be next Tuesday. He is full of smiles these days and getting very close to gurgling out his first little laugh. Molly, our close friend and now babysitter, took this picture of him this morning. This is his first time in the Bumbo seat! He really gained pretty solid head control this past week and it is so fun to watch him look around an entire room or follow you with his whole head and not just his eyes. He really seems to love his new-found freedom! I'm already imagining the smiles when he learns to roll and crawl and walk!

I had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day. Art surprised me again and again with thoughtful gifts and gestures. I went wakeboarding on Saturday from 9am-2pm while he stayed home with Elijah; he got me this amazing hall tree that I've been wanting for months; made an amazing dinner Saturday night; made my favorite breakast (eggs-in-the-basket) Sunday morning; cleaned the kitchen and - my favorite - gave me a homemade card from him and Elijah with Elijah's little handprint on it. Gosh, I think there was still more but I can't remember now. I felt very special & loved. It was a very sweet day.

There is not much else to blog about these days! The dogs are neglected, house projects remain untouched and the laundry piles up like never before. Nevertheless, I feel blessed. I am thankful for a hard-working, loving, wise and talented husband and for our new son.

1 comment:

  1. awwww.... sounds like you were properly pampered on your first mother's day... way to go, art! My favorite was last year... they declared it Mother's week and I got a gift I had been wanting every day... it was awesome!

    Love that hall tree...
    Now I've met Elijah (at the TM pool with Molly), but I still haven't seen you!! we need to rectify that!! maybe dinner sometime??

    ReplyDelete